It’s been quite a busy for the last couple of weeks with family events, followed by a short trip at the end of the summer season.
it’s been a while since I last blogged and I (hope) to be back to my normal daily routines, suddenly to notice that summer has suddenly closed it’s curtain to open another new season; one of my favorite autumn season.
Croquants aux Amandes (Crunchy Almonds)
This is a light snack I made for the short road trip which I picked up from a cooking magazine.
It keeps well at humid temperatures
it serves as my ‘anti-aging’ beautifying snack!!!!
‘beauty conscious people’ here is a recipe you should definitely try. FYI, 20~23 almonds are allowed to be taken as an anti-aging nutrient so this is perfect munchie or coffee snack.
Makes about 60~80
- Preheat the oven to 150C .
- Roast the almonds for 30minutes at 180C.
- Combine ingredients in a food processor – Flour, egg whites, almond power, cinnamon sugar for approximately a minute or so.
- Replace the mixture into a bowl and mix it together with the roasted almonds; combining it with your hand to produce a dough. Once the mixture turns into a dough, cut the dough (almonds) with a sharp knife to dice the whole almonds.
- Roll the dough into a rope like shape (4 cm in diameter) and cut the dough into a cookie shape 1cm apart.
- Place each cookie onto a baking tin and lightly flatten each cooking with you palm.
- Glaze each cookie with glazing mixture and finally powdered sugar.
- Bake at 150C for approx. 30〜40minutes until light brown color.
- Keep in a cookie jar at room temperature in a dry place.
written by Hisako Makimura/Tokyo, Japan