‘Citrus grandis‘, a milder citrus fruit in between an orange and a grapefruit.
This recipe made by a friend from Facebook looks awfully delicious, it is. She specializes in Italian cooking, often travels to local Italian (Toscana) towns to learn the (real) Italian cooking amongst local communities and friends. Nice, simple recipe.
- Pork shoulder (block)
- Citrus Grandis or an orange as a replacement
- Salt, garlic and meat herbs of your choice (I used rosemary and Italian mixed herbs)
- Some white wine and olive oil
- Leave the pork shoulder at room temperature, cut an approximate 1 cm slit across the meat.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, chopped garlic, and some meat herb.
- Cut the citrus in 8 pieces (or about 1 cm in thickness) and place it in between the meat.
- Tie the meat with a twine.
- Place the meat into a hot pot, sprinkle wine and olive oil and cover with foil.
- Roast for approx. 30 minutes @ 230 C